4 years ago I never expected to be coaching clients worldwide.
Although I certainly had a helpful background:
- Already done a ton of marketing
- A successful ex-IT project director
- Ex IT project manager
- Written the strategy for an IT consultancy’s quality manual (based on Deming’s principles)
- Undertaken business growth reviews and reports
- Conducted seminars, workshops and talks
- Produced Powerpoint presentations
- Run my own Time Management courses
The nett result was that I started to write my second book about how to take action and move a project forward, even when your team don’t want to!
The topics I’m covering include:
- Recruiting the best salesman, engineer, clerk, receptionist, call handler, even when you think you can’t afford to
- Create and use checklists properly
- Managing outside consultants (from a poacher turned gamekeeper)
- Learning improvement skills (using a twist on Deming’s principles)
- Creating Powerpoint screens that thrill, rather than kill
- Creating processes that build the business and don’t bury it in red tape
- How to move projects forward (step by step recipes for taking decisive action)
- Risk is part of business, but it shouldn’t be the whole part, find out how to manage it
There’s more but I’m sure you get my drift.
If you’re interested in learning more about the book email me here: book2 at acornservice.com and give me one question that you’d like answered in the book.
If your question is chosen and answered in the book I will send you a pdf version of the book before it is sent to the printers.
Wikipedia: coach, coaching, Powerpoint, Recruitment, Book, Deming
Google: coach, coaching, Powerpoint, Recruitment, Book, Deming
Technorati: coach, coaching, Powerpoint, Recruitment, Book, Deming
Del.icio.us: coach, coaching, Powerpoint, Recruitment, Book, Deming